Below are the terms and conditions of entering the Olga Sinclair Open Short Story Competition:
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries must never have been published or self-published in any format, including but not limited to, publication on any website, blog or online forum, or broadcast.
- Entries must not be awaiting publication or self-publication in any format, including but not limited to, publication on any website, blog or online forum, or broadcast.
- Work must not have placed in any other competition, either as a winner (i.e 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place) nor have been shortlisted, longlisted or highly commended.
- If you submit your entry elsewhere while it is entered with us, you must notify us should it place or be published and immediately withdraw your entry. You will not receive your entry fee back.
- By submitting your entry, you are giving us permission for it to be included in our non-profit anthology should it win. You will retain the copyright to the story and be allowed to publish it elsewhere should you wish to after the results have been officially announced on 17th October 2018.
- Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and by submitting you are confirming that the work is your own. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification and any prize money paid will be reclaimed.
- Entries received after the deadline will not be entered, nor will any fees paid be returned.
- Each story submitted counts as an entry and must be paid for. There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted provided they are paid for.
- If an entrant is found to have breached any of the terms and conditions, their entry will be disqualified. Any fees paid will not be refunded. If they have been given any prize money, it will be reclaimed.
- All entries MUST be in English.
- It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to report any cash prizes they win in the competition according to the tax laws that apply in their respective country and/or county/state/province.
- Submission of work will be taken as a declaration that you (the entrant) understand all of the terms and conditions and agree to them all.