In-house Competition Entry Specifications
- Only one entry per author, per competition.
- All competition entries should be printed in 12 point Times New Roman in black ink on one side of A4 paper, double-spaced, with one-inch margins all round.
- Do not add extra space between paragraphs or different speeches in dialogue.
- Each page should be numbered, using the format ‘Page x of y’ i.e page 1 of 3, for example. It is helpful if the title of the story appears next to the page number. This can be at the top-right corner, or at the bottom of the page, separated from the main body of text by a blank line.
- Do not submit scripts which are over the word limit – or under, if a minimum is specified.
You should include a cover sheet giving:
- The title of the story
- The name of the competition
- The word limit
- The actual word count
Do not put your name on this sheet as competitions are judged anonymously.
Your name and address and the title of the piece should be submitted to the In-House Competition Secretary on a separate piece of paper, which then can be removed and logged before the entries are sent, anonymously, to the adjudicator. Entries may be sent by post or email to:
Dr M D Pearson
4 Coach House Mews
If you are posting an entry, do so in plenty of time to get there before the closing date. All entries must reach the Competition Secretary by 10.00pm on the closing date of the competition.